How to apply
If you are interested in attending the Hessen:ISU Darmstadt please send
- the duly completed application form
- your latest CV (academic profile)
- an official academic transcript/transcript of records
- a short letter of motivation (in English!)
- for non-English speakers: a proof of your English language proficiency, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS, etc. The certificate should be issued either by your university or a recognized language school
- Copy of passport (if you need a letter of invitation)
We strongly recommend registering early since the number of participants is limited to 20 per module and the registration process will take a while.
Please read the Terms and Conditions on the right-hand side carefully before applying for the program.
Letter of Motivation:
Your letter of motivation should explain your personal reasons for applying to Hessen:ISU Darmstadt. The letter of motivation should be short but concise and you may refer to following aspects:
- Why did you choose the summer course at Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences?
- What is your special interest in the subject?
- What added benefit do you expect by a short-term programme in Germany?
- How does the topic relate to your studies?
- What skills and knowledge do you have to successfully complete the programme?
- How do you prepare yourself for the programme?
- As soon as we receive your application we will send you a confirmation via email.
- After the Hessen:ISU team has examined your application and you are accepted we will send you an invoice. Please bear in mind, that the deposit of 250 € has to be transferred within 14 days after receipt of the invoice.
- As soon as we have received the deposit, we will return the signed application form to you, which is the binding contract for both parties.
The complete course fee should be paid by June 1, 2019. If you register by June 1, the whole sum is due.
Please understand that no place can be reserved for you until we have received the deposit.
Ms. Jessica Mayer
Office: F01, 110
Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences welcomes motivated students from all over the world who are studying topics related to civil engineering, architecture, electrical Engineering or energy management. Please note: Minimum age for participation in the Hessen:ISU program is 18 years.